Thursday, March 18, 2010

Had to share...

For awhile now Drew's been very impatient for his 5th birthday. It's hard celebrating all of his friends' birthdays all year and not getting to have his own! He's been saying that he's been eating "healthy" so he can make it to 5. He says he's gonna be hungry ALL the time! I thought he was implying that he wanted to get bigger for when he was 5. Well, as many people know, Drew loves to stay up late! Tonight is no exception...he had hamburger helper, a piece of pizza, a starburst, a chocolate mint...then later a mayonaise sandwich...then begged for more...then cheese cubes. I asked him to go put the cheese cubes away and come to bed and he came back with grapes! I told him it was too late to eat any more so he grunted as he trotted back to the fridge...this was just 10 minutes ago...11:45...as he's opening the fridge door he groans to convince me why it's so important for him to continue eating - "but I have to get to 5 years old!" Next lesson: how to understand the passing of time. I can't imagine what we'll be discussing in 10 years after all we've discussed in just 4 years!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

He's so funny. Carson is 4, will be 5 in July, and he has really started saying "I'm huuuungry" all the time. I told my husband that I guess this is the age where boys start eating you out of house and home because he'll eat a meal and then an hour later act like he's starving.
And Carson too does not understand the passage of time. He has this favorite outfit he likes to wear and he'll get it out at night before bed and say "I'm going to wear this today" and I say "well, we're about to go to bed, when you wake up it will be tomorrow so you should say I'm going to wear this tomorrow" and he argues and says "but I want to wear it todaaaay" Aiy yai yai!
So funny how they are all so different yet seems like they go through the same stages at the same time.